9.07.2006

Booking Through Thursday - Comfort Zone

Posted by Tammy

Booking Through Thursday

  1. We asked last week about what draws you to your favorite kind/genre of book. This week, we want to know--how often do you depart from that comfort zone? If you love mysteries, do you ever read fantasy? If you primarily read cookbooks, do you ever read a good romance?

    I leave my comfort zone fairly often. I'm not sure I have a comfort zone with books to be perfectly honest... I have always read pretty much anything, right down to the cereal box if I am really desperate!

    Science Fiction is one of the harder genres for me, but I do throw one in now and again to shake things up a bit! (I'm reading one now - The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell ... almost finished!!)

    I tend to go through periods where I read all of one type of book. For instance, I just recently read 4 or 5 books by Jodi Picoult all right in a row. I decided I liked her style and wanted to read more, so I did!

    I am very willing to try out new books or styles too! I am always reading something (if not three or four somethings) so I have to branch out or I'd run out of things to read!

  2. How MUCH variety is there in your reading? Do you mostly stick to one type, with just the occasional toe-dip into a different style? Or do you generally read a variety of things, just, maybe more of your favorite style than anything else? Reply here

    OK... I think I've already answered this one! I read everything! Pretty much anything that I can get my hands on! I bog down on some things, but mostly I enjoy every different type of book! I even like westerns occassionally (my dad's favorite... Louis L'amour)

    It's more fun and interesting to keep reading varied books! I learn a lot and find out things I would never have found out if I hadn't ventured to read something different!

I have been an absent blogger this week. There is a GOOD reason for this. I am working VERY hard at my day job - World by the Tail, Inc. to finish a huge re-design of our website... www.petpeoplehelp.com. I am just that close to being done - and we're going to comb through every detail tomorrow and I will launch the newly designed site on Monday! So - wait until Monday afternoon, then go check out the new look of my work site! I think it looks great! I'll be glad to finish the project - maybe I'll sleep better again! (stressed much?) Love my job - don't get me wrong, but I stress about the details and this one is way detailed!)

1 Opinions:

--Deb said...

The pet website looks great!