6.20.2006

For Dummies Bookcover - WPC

Posted by Tammy


This week's Weekly Photoshop Challenge was to create a "For Dummies" bookcover. These dummies books are out there on every topic imaginable! I decided to take Mike and my obsession with World of Warcraft and make it a dummies book. There are many days when we're playing that we say "we wish we could teach these other gamers how to play!" This is usually in conjunction with trying to sell something on the in-game auction house. Seriously, an economics teacher could use this in-game economy to teach the class!!

The only thing that isn't mine is the World of Warcraft logo. I borrowed this! The screenshot is of Banesidhe (pronounced ban-shee), my level 45 Druid Nightelf.

I thought I had to get in there somewhere the geek factor, so the tagline at the bottom reads "A Geek's guide to MMORPG for the rest of us!" Now, until a few months ago, I had NO idea what MMORPG meant, but now that I have been indoctrinated in the ways of the geek (thanks to Mike!) I know that it means "Massively Multiple Online Role Playing Game"... Massive meaning there are MILLIONS of people out there playing this online game! (Yay - it's not just me who is addicted!) A few months back I even learned that my brother and his son are addicts!


These other pictures are my other two characters. Awahtuklo is on the right - she is a level 41 Hunter Tauren. Daoinesidhe (prounced theena-she) is on the left. She is a level 46 Mage Gnome.
Categories: photoshop_, digital_

6 Opinions:

majamom said...

Hi Tammy,
WOw- your work is amazing!!
Please e-mail your sisters snail mail and i will send her somthing.
XO
MB

TXArtcGal said...

This is great!! I think they need a book such as this!! Fantatic job!...and, thanks for taking on the challenge!

Tammy said...

Thank you MB!! I appreciate your comment so much! And thanks for offering to send something to Vic. I'll email you!

Tammy said...

Thanks Trish! I love the challenges! I really learn new skills each time - and have fun doing it!

I agree - I could have used this book when I first started playing! Now that I'm an addict - I could probably right the book!

Alexiev said...

Best image...

AndyDoodler said...

Niiiice! & interesting