2.06.2007

Self Portrait Challenge - Black and White

Posted by Tammy


This month's theme over at Self Portrait Challenge is Black and White. I have several ideas for this, but thought I'd start with an oldie but goodie of me.

A friend took a bunch of photos of me one day about 6 years ago. We spent most of the day out and about with her taking pictures of me. There are some amazing shots. Lots of them she took in Black and White. This is one of my favorite shots. It wasn't in black and white to begin with, but I've done some editing in Photoshop.

In 6 years, I haven't changed very much. I have a bit different hair, but not much. I have glasses instead of contacts. I still wear a black leather coat. It's amazing to look at these photos and notice very little difference in my appearance. Other things HAVE changed in 6 years. I have become an artist! I have learned so much about myself. I found the best guy! Lots of change. Positive.

13 Opinions:

Suzie Ridler said...

There is humour here and pensiveness. You're lucky you haven't changed very much, I barely recognize myself any more.

Yay to Tammy for being an artist and doing yoga today!

Loralee Choate said...

I am always amazed that the amount of things that can change and yet stay the same. I like the angel of this shot.

Unknown said...

Isn't this the one that was on your blogger headline? I really like it a lot. You look wise, kind, smart, open. The black and white gives it a 60's look.

Janet said...

I sure don't look the same as I did six years ago but I guess that's to be expected at my age!! I like this photo....you look deep in thought.

Deb R said...

Lovely photo! You look like you're a million miles away. :-)

Tammy said...

I think I probably was a million miles away. And maybe I've changed more than I think... but looking at these photos from a few years back, I don't see much change! I'm getting a few wrinkles (laugh lines mainly though!) and I have a few grey hairs...

I did use this photo as my profile photo for a very long time - until I changed it out for my racy, old west one! :)

Thanks for all the positive comments!!!

Waspgoddess said...

What a beautiful photo, and I love how it made you think of all the good things that have happened in your life since -- and how wonderful to notice so little change on the outside (I'm kind of struggling with the age-thing...).

Anonymous said...

Hi, I have you for the CaC book swap. I couldn't find a place to email you...so I'm leaving a comment here. What is your address? I like your blog music! :o)
Sheila
shewalk at ku dot edu
http://joyfulmoon.livejournal.com/

PennyBlue said...

Cool shot! Hope there's many more positive changes to come!! Yay You!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I love what you did with the photo. And the pose, too. You looke fantastic!
P.S. I am glad you discover that you are an artist.
I love all kind of jackets, I have too many, LOL.

Tammy Brierly said...

You look great Tammy and I bet you're thinking about the wonderful future you're now enjoying ;)

Vedrana M. said...

great portrait and i'm happy for all your positive changes :)

Blondie said...

Love the grainy look of the photo. It makes me think of "The Outsiders", especially with the pensive look, leather jacket and timber fencing.