11.06.2007

Another Tag!

Posted by Tammy

I meant to do this yesterday, but my reminiscing got way too long! Misty (a new blog friend) tagged me to tell seven random facts about myself. The rules are:


A) Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog...

B) Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself...

C) Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs...

D) Let each person know that they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

I'm going to do A and B, but C/D - well, consider yourselves tagged!! Let me know if you decide to play! :) (I never said I played by the rules!)

***Warning!! Warning!!*** Randomness ahead!

1. When I was a little girl, my favorite activity was playing school. I would line up my dolls and stuffed animals and be the teacher. I even had a blackboard! My favorite part of this game, though, was picking out names for each and every student! First, Middle, and Last! I love names - and that's the only reason I would want a child (a good reason I'm NOT having one) is to name it! I've loved the names Mollie Jayne and Gilbert Andrew for a very long time.

2. I had dogs growing up (Beau Beau and Little One), but desperately wanted a cat. My dad always said no. When I moved out on my own, I overcompensated. Since 1996 I have had 10 (ten) cats (not all at the same time). My first was Coise (ko-shee, Gaelic for toe - he had mitten paws). He was my sister's cat and I took him in. He went psycho on me, quite literally, and without spending a ton of money, which I didn't have, I had to have him euthanized. I then got Lissy. She was a great kitten, but a not so happy cat. There was something seriously wrong with her too. I think she was probably inbred - a barn tabby. I had her for seven years before having to euthanize her as well.

Oscar is still with me - he is about 11 now and quite the grumpy old man. But he's my boy. I will be extremely sad to lose him! Bear was an outdoor kitty that a friend asked me to take in. He was an awesome buddy - always near the house, and waiting for me whenever I got home. He lived with me on the farm for about 6 years until he got a tumor in his mouth, and had to be euthanized. Melvin was a stray tomcat who attached himself to me for a couple of years - outside only. He wouldn't let anyone but me touch him. He's named after Jack Nicholson's character in the movie As Good As It Gets. Melvin disappeared one day and I never saw him again.

Zen was another cat that I took in. He was indoor/outdoor. Oscar and Zen did NOT get along. Zen was a very cool cat. He was huge and so calm. He could sit with his butt on my lap and put his front paws around my neck - so tall! He also disappeared. I still miss my Zen cat. Now I have Henry, Luna, Ben and Miss Girl, as well as Oscar. Five cats in one house is too many, but we love them all!

3. (Am I only on 3? This is going to be LONG too!) I went through a long period of time in high school where I wore all black. I'm not sure why - I wasn't "goth" or anything. I just preferred black. My favorite shoes were these granny lace-up boots. I wore them out! I still wear a lot of black, but definitely have lots of color too!

4. I'm a slob. (Mike will corroborate this one.) I try to keep things tidy, but it just doesn't work. We do our cleaning on weekends, and ignore the mess in between. My "art room" is just a disaster - I collect too much stuff, and then it all runs all over the place! I'm not really bothered by the clutter - but once in a while, it gets to the tipping point and I have to clean! Right now, I'm trying not only to clean, but to down-size! Need any old magazines? I've got tons!!

5. My secret pleasure is reading all the celebrity "news" websites - like People.com. I love reading about what celebrities are up to - what they are wearing, who they are dating, who is having who's baby (is that grammatically correct?), etc. I don't know why I love this as it has absolutely no bearing on "real" life. I guess this is why I love Dancing with the Stars so much also.

6. As you know - I'm from a big family. It's growing!! I was an aunt when I was only 6 days old. Now I have 13 nieces/nephews, AND I have 8 great-nieces/nephews. The most recent great-niece is just about one month old now. She was born early and is doing really well. Her name is Ella Marie and she joins her big sister, Claire. Although I don't see my family much (by my choice) I do love my nieces and nephews and now their children. I love getting photos and updates!

7. Mike and I have been together for almost three years (our meeting anniversary is December 22!) We met online through eharmony.com. I had tried online dating before with NO success - in fact, some pretty horrible guys (think suicidal, alcoholic, abusive...) I'd almost given up, but decided to try once more - a different site. I'm glad I did!! I had a number of matches that I was talking with when I got matched with Mike. But - we clicked right away. I closed off communication with everyone else pretty quickly as I realized that we were going somewhere. We talked for about a month via email, then moved to phone conversations and then to meeting in person. We met at Rasta Pasta and sat and talked over dinner for three hours that first night!! And the rest, as they say, is history!

Pshew - that's seven!! Misty might think twice before tagging this blabbermouth again!!

4 Opinions:

Misty said...

Nah! I think it was great! In the way that you overcompensated with Cats, I overcompensated with music... I was so sheltered when it came to music and only allowed to listen to really mild (boring) contemporary Christian... Now i have thousands of cd's, thousands of songs from Itunes and literally consume music! :)

I loved it. Esp. your story!!! (of how you met...)

Tammy said...

I'm kind of the same way with music too Misty! My folks didn't like rock when I was a kid, so I was more limited/sheltered in what I listened too (Christian too). Now I love it all!! I don't listen to as much as I used to, but I love all kinds of music.

Suzie Ridler said...

That's very impressive you met Mike on eharmony! Man, that's the way to go these days isn't it when it comes to dating? LOL, it's been a LONG time for me, the internet wasn't big when I met my husband, LOL. Man, now I feel old.

I loved hearing about all your cats! I couldn't have any pets growing up, now I can't wait to have a dog. Can't have a cat because my hubby's allergic.

BellaKarma said...

OhMyGosh! My FAVORITE thing to do as a kid was play school with my stuffed animals! And I had a chalkboard too! I would make up workbooks for 'em, and give 'em tests ... and I would do this for hours and hours. :)