6.12.2008

I'm apparently a girly-girl

Posted by Tammy

Funny, but Mike said to me the other day "You're shocking me in this wedding planning... You're being so girly!"

And I guess I am! I'm really getting into the planning, the details, everything for our upcoming wedding!! It's coming up pretty quickly, so I had to dive right in!

We are keeping it VERY tiny. We kind of had to go all or none. My family is gigantic. With just my siblings and their families, there would be close to 60 people and that doesn't include aunts, cousins, etc. So... we're going the "none" route. Right now, I think we'll have 7 people plus us. Just a handful of close friends to share the day with us! (I'm sorry family - if you're reading... thanks for understanding!)

My best friend, Andrea, is planning a traditional bridal shower for me though. She's already figuring out the games, the food, the decor, etc. She is having SO much fun with it! I know we'll have a great time! (Family - you will be invited to this... well, at least the females will!)

Andrea and her daughter, Savannah, will be my special attendants! (**We're not doing a traditional wedding ceremony, so they won't be standing up with us as actual bridesmaids, but they are going to help me and are definitely my best girls no matter what!) I've pretty much decided on my dress. Mine is NON-traditional - no white dress for me! (Well, it is traditional... if you're Indian!) The dress is a secret from Mike, so if you're interested in seeing it, please email me! I'll send you the link!

I'm on the lookout for some cool, unique toasting glasses. If you see them, or know of them, let me know!

I think my flowers are pretty much decided as well. I'll be creating the arrangements (of course!). I'm planning on using mini-calla lilies and dendrobium orchids in simple bouquets and for boutonnieres, etc.

I had no idea my brain would be all-consumed with wedding stuff once we were engaged and planning! But, it is! I haven't been sleeping well because my brain is running! But, it's good - and I'm having fun! I think Mike is too, to some extent! He doesn't care as much about the details though. (Andrea is going to go with me to create a registry - Mike doesn't like to shop! The only thing he wants is a meat smoker!)

As for our moving to Oregon... for now it's on hold. Mike is still searching for a job, but he has resigned himself to staying in his current one for now. There are a few possibilities looming, but nothing imminent right now. We'll get there though - it may just be down the road a bit!

OH... and tell me this... once I marry Mike and change my last name, should I change the name of my blog?! Mimmsical is a play on my last name (Mimms) and whimsical. My new name will be Durham!

**Please NOTE: I had to remove a few comments to protect some information. If you commented and see that your comment is gone - know that I still have your lovely words, but needed to remove the public comment!**

9 Opinions:

Suzie Ridler said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nap girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Judi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Becky said...

So - would the blog's new name be "Durable Creations"? It just doesn't have the same sense of whimsy, LOL! It sounds like it would be a blog about refrigerators and washing machines... I think you should leave the name as is :)

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tammy Brierly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tammy Brierly said...

That dress is stunning Tammy! I can't wait to see pictures. I'm jumping up & down clapping (sort of ). lol

A job will happen!

HUGS

Melanie Margaret said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BellaKarma said...

Oooooh, I totally want to see the dress...especially since you mentioned it being Indian!