10.26.2008

We rally!

Posted by Tammy

Mike and I have gotten political this week! (Not that we weren't before, but...)


Mike went to Greeley (a nearby town) to attend a Joe Biden rally on Tuesday. There were about 4,000 people there. He got to hear Mark Udall's wife, Betsy Markey, and others speak before Joe Biden came out. His speech was great! (We watched a livestream of it later in the day so I could hear it!)

We then decided to go today to attend an Obama rally here in our town of Fort Collins!! He added a stop in our town at the last minute. And, I can tell you, it was a smart move for him!! He spoke this morning in Denver (about 60 minutes south of us) and drew a crowd of over 100,000 supporters!!! Wow!!... Well, not to be outdone - our much smaller town drew a crowd of about 50,000 people!

Mike and I had NO idea that the crowd would be so huge in the "fort". We arrived about an hour and 15 minutes before the gates were to open. The line was literally about a mile from the gates already (and Mike just read that by the time they opened the gates it was over 2.5 miles long)! Unfortunately, we didn't give ourselves enough time. Obama started speaking at 3:30. This is where we were then:

The secret service opened up the security at this point, so we moved faster, but we only got to hear about 5-10 minutes of his speech. We couldn't really pinpoint where Obama was in the sea of people, but I just pointed my camera and shot a few pictures. Somehow, I managed to catch him!! (Small and tiny, but he's there!)


Now, my feet hurt, and I'm enjoying a martini! :) No job news for Mike yet. We're hoping to hear in the next couple of days!! I may be a bit absent until after our wedding, but I will have loads of photos after to share with you!! It's coming up soon!! Almost ready!

2 Opinions:

Melanie Margaret said...

that's so cool!

Suzie Ridler said...

Way to go to get involved Tammy! That is so exciting and so is your upcoming wedding plans.