1.15.2009

Wishcasting Wednesday (on Thursday)

Posted by Tammy

I'm a day late on this one, but I want to play! Wishcasting Wednesday prompt for this week is:

What do you wish for your creativity?

Well, now if this isn't the perfect wish for me to jump on! On Tuesday night, I actually got on the phone and joined into the first call of Circe's Circle with the amazing Jamie and Suzie! We have a small circle for the group - just the three of us, but it is going to be a wonderful and magical 12 weeks - I can just tell already!

On the first night of our circle, we talked mostly about our creativity.

My creativity has a name and a personality of her own. While I had thought about this before, I had never given voice to her actual presence and being. I gave her a name and traits. Or rather, I let those things surface. They are already hers - and therefore, mine too.

My creativity is named Phaedra. (Phaedra is Greek and it means bright.) She wears flowy, "hippy" clothes - flowery print dresses, loose flowing skirts and shirts, bright colors, mismatched colors, stripey socks, fabulous shoes (that might or might not match the clothes she is wearing!) Loads of jewelry! She is someone you would notice on the street and think, "Wow! I wish I could pull off wearing something like that!" She is comfortable no matter what situation she is in.

She is a Libra (which is also my sign). She loves art, dresses for the occasion, is a perfectionist, is bossy and detailed. She loves beauty, attention, color, texture, and intellect. She dislikes noise, pressure, deadlines, and criticism.

Phaedra lurks just below the surface of my own personality. Glints of her come through now and then, but for the most part she remains hidden. I feel her bubbling there most of the time, but I am scared to let myself become her, or allow her to become me.

One of our homework prompts for the week is to collect things, images, words, whatever that might be for Phaedra, or representative of her. (our creativity) This image is for her. I took it before we started
Circe's Circle. It is the window in my new home office. It is for my creativity - FOR SURE.


My wish for my creativity for 2009: for Phaedra and Tammy to merge. For me to be her - her to be me. For the fear of letting her bubble to the surface to disappear.

7 Opinions:

Lisa said...

As Tammy wishes for herself and Phaedra, so I wish for her(s). :)

Her Speak said...

As Tammy wishes for herself and Phaedra, so I wish for her also!

Much Joy, Merry Making and Many Blissings~*
Molly

Jenn said...

As Tammy wishes for herself and Phaedra, so I wish for her also.

Jamie said...

As Tammy wishes for herself and Phaedra, so I wish for them also!

And how wonderful to see Phaedra's presence in your new home office. I think that's an auspicious sign!

Shelley Ann Jones said...

As Tammy wishes for herself and Phaedra, so I wish for her also.

Pen said...

as tammy wishes for herself and phaedra, so i wish for her also.

i loved reading your description of phaedra. thanks for sharing!

Suzie Ridler said...

As Tammy wishes for herself and Phaedra, so I wish for her also.

Beautiful! I love it! I can sense her energy emerging inside of you Tammy. It's a wonderful thing to see and she totally rocks. I wonder what tea she likes to drink? I bet she'd a chai tea drinker or something exotic like ginger with lemon... :)

That's too funny about your male paladin! That's my husband's favourite WoW character that he plays. Oh and in honour of our CC group, my mage's name is Seersea!

I'm so glad we're doing this group together Tammy. It is an honour. I had to hold myself back from just chatting and chatting, LOL.