1.16.2009

Very late holiday post!

Posted by Tammy

I wanted to share our holidays with you, even though they are well past! Mike's birthday falls right before Christmas. We had quite the crazy couple of weeks filled with celebrating and presents! Mike was very good to me for Christmas! Not only did he buy me a couple things that I had put on my "list" - he surprised me with other unexpected things too! Project Runway - Season 4 DVDs were on my list! Yay! Amazing, superb jewelry was a surprise!!

The gift wrap was also entertaining! Mike does not do gift wrap. I'm lucky if anything is even sort of wrapped. He sort of outdid himself with one of my gifts! It was wrapped in a brown paper bag (from a local restaurant) and "taped" with tape from a lint roller that he tore into strips. So lovely! And then right next to it was the lovely present that the jewelry store wrapped for him - what a contrast! We had a good laugh about that!

We enjoyed our low-key holidays. We spent a lot of time enjoying our new TV and blu-ray/playstation as well! I did a lot of cooking of recipes that I got from spending way too much time watching the Food Network - my new addiction!


Baked Garlic Cheese Grits - a little bit of southern heaven in a pan from Paula Deen. Yummy!!

And Brussel Sprout cooked with Pancetta - WOW! I can't remember which show these were on! But, man, were they ever good! I also made these hash browns from Tyler Florence. Of course, they weren't as easy as he made them look - but they were tasty!


And just because I have some really adorable photos of our cats, and I haven't shared any in a while - here are some great shots! :)


6 Opinions:

Patty said...

It looks like you had a great time. The cats seem to be enjoying it. They are such pretty babies. Your cream color one looks a lot like my daughters cat. I will post a photo of her soon.

Vedrana M. said...

beautiful holidays...and jewelry is lovely :)

Suzie Ridler said...

I LOVED this post Tammy! Tyler's recipe are the ultimate so usually they take a little more time and energy but the flavour is usually worth it in the end. I am totally trying those hashbrowns! Printed the recipe already, thank you. I love to see your world during the holidays and your feline friends rock. That jewellery is also gorgeous! My hubby surprised me with a blue crystal heart necklace this year, sneaky sneaky!

Nadya said...

What beauteous jewels! & yummy recipes - the brussles sprouts look so good! I love making winter veggies, lots of roots (parsnips, carrots, onions & garlic) w/ some sprouts :)
I'm also a 'Tiger' - merry meet! & sweet reading about your muse - a favorite series has Phaedra as a leading character! begins with Kushiel's Dart . . . I got them from our library -

Janet said...

Your jewelry is gorgeous!!!! The wrapping on the other gift was "unique"!!

Unknown said...

After going through this article i have decided to bookmark this site found this really interesting & thanks a lot for keeping the blog Lively with such interesting blogs.

--
Venus
Professional Monitering security systems for Homes, Offices & Appartments