3.28.2006

Addiction!

Posted by Tammy

I am officially addicted to Vellum and Sharpies! Love, love, love this combination. I made four more vellum ATCs last night. (all sharpies) I like each and every one of them. The sharpies blend really well if you smudge two (or more) colors together on the vellum. It creates a rather water-colory look.

This was the first one I tried. Initially, I put the swirly q's on the blank vellum with a purple ultra fine sharpie. But, then I tried to go over that with the blue. What I got was the smeared blue background color and no swirls! But - I liked the background, so it all worked out! I went over that with a black sharpie and made the swirls. (I'm glad ATCs are small - this one could have made me a little loopy after a while!) It didn't scan in as well as I would have hoped. It's hard to see the definition of the background colors. Titled Randomness.



The next one I did was this one. I LOVE the way the background came out on this one. I used a lavendar and a pink mix and smudged to get this look! I always seem to wind up with swirls and spirals. This one looks like New Growth to me. I think I want to plant flowers! The background is what makes this one so fun I think. The swirls are nice, but the colors - that's what I like!


The third one I did, I tried mixing lime green and yellow for the background. This one really feels like spring to me. It seems to be the color of new shoots of grass. So I am calling it Spring Has Sprung. I edged it with the gold poster paint sharpie. I made a bit of a mess, but you can only tell if you look really hard! I started out with a different pattern in mind, but this is what it became instead. It also didn't seem to scan really well, but it's a fair representation!



The last one I did was a step away from all the swirls and spirals. I chose this conciously since I had done three that were similar that way. I'm calling it Angles. I mixed red and pink for the background and went with sort of a monochromatic scheme. I like it a lot! It is a departure for me to do something with straight lines and angles. I'll have to do more because I actually had a lot of fun doing it!

ATC's are so much fun. I know I've said this before, but it bears repeating. They are a truly fulfilling project, but they are small, so ... for people like me, they are a great project. I can finish 4 (or more) in one night and move on to something new! I like it - Instant Gratification Art! Hope you enjoy. (I'd be very willing to work out trades with any of these if anyone is interested!)

1 Opinions:

Krystin Clark said...

Tammy- I would absolutely love to do a trade with you. E-mail me @ krysting@hotmail.com and we can work out the details!

Krystinkerbelle