4.24.2006

Weekly Photoshop Challenge - New Art

Posted by Tammy

I'm back online and blogging. I thought I'd try out a new art challenge today! This one is called the Weekly Photoshop Challenge. The idea is to take a picture and photoshop it into something else.

The word for this week is "The Unexpected". I took a photo from my recent trip to Texas - the Fuller Garden in Fort Worth Botanic Gardens and I placed my jumping cat, Henry, above the waterfall. It appears that my cat is about to dive into the pool below. It was fun to play with this and I'm looking forward to playing with the next challenge!

Last week was a rough week, but I'm doing ok this week. My family made it through my aunt's funeral and we're moving on without her. It will be hard for a very long time. I did do some artwork over the weekend as I had some down time and I'm dedicating all my bright spring ATCs to Aunt Charlene. I'll post them here later! Categories: Weekly Photoshop Challenge_, Digital Art_

7 Opinions:

TXArtcGal said...

Awesome job!...and, I had to laugh because I'm from Fort Worth...and, we were just at the Botanic Gardens last weekend!! :) Thank you so much for doing my challenge! I do hope you will come back for me!

TXArtcGal said...

...I wanted to say, "I do hope you will come back for more!"

...it has been a LONG day!

Tammy said...

Thanks! I had fun!

The Botanic Gardens were just amazing - even though everything wasn't even fully bloomed out yet. I will be back to Fort Worth in the future and plan to stop at the gardens every chance I get! (My boyfriend is originally from there!)

I'm looking forward to the next challenge!

Ruth said...

"And you think you've got bladder problems???" I sorry...you know how SIC Stella is..but really this is fantastic Tammy...it really looks like he is just sitting there..atop the waterfall...(taking a flush)no no just kidding..(:<)..plz don't be mad at ruth..she can't control me...
r/s

Tammy said...

Ok Stella! You're right - it does look like he's having some issues! He is truthfully leaping in the air chasing his favorite toy!

Tammy

Ruth said...

Whew...thought that one would get me banned from your blog....thanks for not getting bent out of shape..it really is cool...I think it's frame worthy...and I'd love to see it in black and white...oh wait I can't remember if it was in black and white...and i can't leave this page..so ooops if it is...

Tammy said...

Your wish is my command Ruth - Here is is in a Black and White version - at my flickr page:

www.flickr.com/photos/tamberstone/136589964/

Tammy