5.10.2006

ATC Obsessed

Posted by Tammy

Apparently, it doesn't matter if I have an actual swap that I'm working toward - I just HAVE to make ATCs! I think there is something in it for me that is more instant gratification than other art forms.

They are so small that I can finish them fairly quickly, even if they are intricate patterns. I think - what I want to do next - is to use a sheet of paper that is larger (large enough to cut into 4 or 6 ATC sized cards) and do a larger design. Then cut it into pieces so that I get cards, but they all fit to make a larger piece of art! Whew - I don't know though - this won't be instant gratification, so I'm not sure I can do it! :)


This ATC I did over the weekend. It's hard to tell from the scan, but I did use silver paint sharpie in spots. Pshew - the fumes! Luckily it was beautiful weather so we had all the windows in the house open! Hmmm... that gives me an idea - I need an outdoor "studio" space to work this summer! I'll have to look into that idea!

2 Opinions:

~jolene said...

Oh Far Out! (sorry, still use old hippie-speak)..it sounds like you are making ATC Puzzles! You could create a scene, or one of your Masterpieces...then cut it up and send as a "greeting card" to someone to assemble! The ATC-Greet-Puzzle. LOL! OK, I could be more clever once I finish my tea and the braincells warm up a bit!

Love your COLORS..going to your blog each day BRIGHTENS my world!

Tammy said...

Groovy! I'm going to give it a try for my Sharpie group - there is a "mural" swap happening and I think that's how I'm going to enter myself - cutting down a larger piece of art! :) Love it!

I'm glad you enjoy my blog - I enjoy making it - and I sure enjoy visiting yours as well!! (I've gone blog crazy!)

Tammy