5.23.2006

Finally Finished!!!

Posted by Tammy


I finished my work in progress!! My obsessive piece of sharpie art is finito! :) I am very pleased with the results and I even think I might frame and keep this one! It didn't scan as well as I would have liked. For some reason the scanner doesn't like black and white images too well! (Actual size is 9 x 12 - done on smooth 100# Bristol paper using black sharpies and a micron pen)

It was a totally fun process. I didn't set any expectations for myself when I started and so I was really able to enjoy it for what it was and not worry about the outcome. I'm getting better at that!! I don't have a title for this one yet, but I'm thinking something to do with obsessiveness perhaps! Not bad, just obsessive! :) Hope you enjoy! I'll hopefully be back later in the week with more new art to show off - I have a few things in the works!

4 Opinions:

~jolene said...

Tammy - this piece is just mindblowing! I used to do similar things years ago with india ink...but never with a Sharpie and micron pens! Girl you rock..and you take on some challenging processes to work outside the box!

High Five to ya! :)

Tammy said...

Thank you jolene!! I definitely have challenged myself of late. But - until about 2 years ago, I wouldn't try anything "artsy" AT all! Now that I've discovered my artist - I can't stop and can't wait to try the next new thing!

I'm glad that blogs came along so I have somewhere to post what I'm doing - and I'm glad I have wonderful people like you reading it!!

Tammy

Tanaya said...

Holy cow, woman!!! How many hours did you log doing this? WAAAY cool!

Tammy said...

Thanks Tanaya! I really don't know how many hours I put into this. I started it about 2 weeks or so ago, but I also did other things in between! I tended to work on this while watching TV or a movie... I very rarely do just one thing at a time! :) It was fun though!