5.31.2006

Mural ATC Swap - Work in Progress

Posted by Tammy

I'm doing a mural swap with my Sharpie group. This is a challenge for me... to create a larger piece that can then be cut into 3, 4, 6, or 9 ATC cards and have each one stand alone as a creation and then fit together as a larger mural! Yikes!

I'm working on my first one and decided to go ahead and post in progress!

I'm doing flowers here because they are always a fall back for me. I love drawing flowers (love them in general too!) You can see my lines where the cuts will happen when it is finished. I think that each of the 4 cards will be quite pretty on their own.

I'm unsure if I'll do more murals. I've had trouble with ideas of what to create for this one. I may stick with just the one mural entry! But... some of my fellow Sharpie Scouts are such incredible artists. I look SO forward to receiving their trades in the mail! It always brightens any day! I tend to want to join every swap so I can see what everyone else creates. Each swap I have joined has helped to stretch my creativity too!

Upcoming swaps that I'm signed up for include an abstract ATC swap! Yay! This one will be fun and easy - abstract is definitely my strong suit. The other swap coming up is a playing card ATC swap. Create your own playing cards, or alter real playing cards (all with Sharpies of course!) I've got to get going on my cards for these swaps!! :)Categories: atcs_, art_

5 Opinions:

Chelsae said...

I love the florals. :) I find when doing murals that I either start with an idea in mind, or start doing abstracts. The angel I did (that I decided I couldn't cut down) was a specific design idea. The heart one wasn't. I just started with the heart shape and worked from there :) Thanks for buying my Day Dreams girl. That was a lot of fun to do. I still have another canvas here that I'm trying to figure out what to do with.

Tammy said...

I LOVE your Daydreams girl! I haven't yet, but I'm going to frame her for my art room! She's gorgeous!!

I haven't done much in the way of larger size stuff with Sharpie yet. That's why this is a challenge. I'm great with the small ATC size, but I have a hard time going on larger stuff! I'll get there though! :)

Ruth said...

Now you're doing murals? These remind me of a field wildflowers..very pretty indeed.

r

Tammy said...

Thanks Ruth! I am trying out murals - very small scale of course. This one is 5 x 7 and will be cut into 4 ATC size cards (2.5 x 3.5) I like it so far... we'll see what it turns into!

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»