9.13.2006

Doodle Balance!

Posted by Tammy



I made these incredible Sharpie doodles over the weekend and it got me to thinking about Balance (reading True Balance!)

When I take time to draw (doodles or whatever) I feel more grounded. I don't always make time, or take time though. Why is this? I know it makes me feel good - I like the process almost more than the outcome. Why don't I do this on a regular basis instead of in fits and starts?

I have my "What is Balance?" doodle posted over my desk at work, but I'm thinking I need it posted everywhere, so that I see it often. Balance for me means allowing myself time to create as well as everything else (chores, playing, time with Mike, etc.)

I find when I take the time to doodle, especially on weekends, I start the week with a fulfilled feeling. Maybe I just need to write a post about this once a week to remind myself!

How do you all keep balance - if you know what balances you, do you do it? If not, why not? I'm trying to figure this out for myself. The grounded feeling I got over the weekend from spending a couple hours drawing was worth it! How can I remind myself to do this and then actually take the time to do it? Help! I'd love input.


4 Opinions:

Unknown said...

Hey Tammy,
I really like the flowing quality of the one on the bottom. Choquette keeps talking about flowing energy in her book.

Doodling gives me the same calm feeling. If I do it first thing in the morning, it's like I claim my space in the world. It balances me. I won't get knocked over.

Suzie Ridler said...

Great doodles! I'm glad you have the energy for creative pursuits, it shows that the energy is flowing in your life. It is hard to find the time to find the balance, but it's worth the investment. You're worth it!

Anonymous said...

You could do a weeky doodle post?

Hey I've been meaning to ask you- Any idea what happened to our weekly photoshop challenge, I really miss it!

Tammy said...

I like it - a weekly doodle post!! And I have one all ready to go that I did last night! :)

I think our photoshop blog took an extended summer break! I miss it too - I was learning so much. Maybe I'll have to see if I can find her email and ask if it is ever coming back!!