10.19.2006

Booking Through Thursday - Reading in Bed

Posted by Tammy

Well, I haven't done Booking through in a couple weeks, so decided, since I had no new art for today, that I would! :) More art hopefully tomorrow!! I'm gonna have to work like a demon over the weekend to catch myself up!


Booking Through Thursday



1. Do you read in bed? For how long? Do you fall asleep reading? Will a good book keep you up all night?

I love to read in bed! I find that if I can read for a little bit before sleeping, I fall asleep quicker. I tend to lay there for a while before sleep hits anyway, so why not read?! It is usually only for a few minutes though. I never fall asleep while reading. But, a good book can keep me up longer than intended (less now though because I don't want to keep Mike up... although I think he could sleep through an earthquake!)

I do have to be careful of my subject matter though. If I am reading a mystery or thriller (such as Patricia Cornwell books) I can't read it in bed - I get too keyed up and a little paranoid!


    2. Where do you keep your nighttime reading? Do you have a special table next to the bed? Are there many books there? Do you keep books there that you aren't reading (finished or unread)?

    I have a nightstand next to my bed that holds a lot of stuff, including a stack of books. Many are finished that I just haven't put away yet. I also almost always have more than one book in process at any given time, so those are all there as well. You can usually count on there being between 6-10 books stacked on my nightstand at once!! :)

    1 Opinions:

    PennyBlue said...

    I used to read every night in bed. Now with my 4 year old sleeping with me, I'm a little crunched and quite honestly, these days I'm so tired I just sleep when I hit the bed! I usually do have a book on the nightstand as well as mags, and random notes to myself. Which sometimes make so sense at all in the morning! lol