11.21.2006

The art of cooking

Posted by Tammy



Ok - this isn't a cooking blog, but cooking is like art, right?


Well, last night's dinner was truly inspired! And totally yummy!! Mike and I had purchased this strange sausage at Whole Foods a month or so ago and never figured out what to do with it. It was chipotle cherry sausage... kind of a mystery how to fix it!

Well, I decided to just experiment! And it was a success!

I sauteed onion with garlic in olive oil. Then I added in some chopped red and yellow bell pepper. To that mix I added chopped crimini mushrooms. Then I crumbled in the sausage. I let that all simmer and cook for a while. After the sausage had fully cooked, I diced in two tomatoes. I let it all simmer for a bit more, then I added a couple tablespoons of cream cheese, and a handful of asiago, parmesan mix. It cooked up into a nice sauce that was creamy and cheesy!
I added this to penne noodles, and it was dinner! The combination worked! The sausage had a bit of a spicy kick with a sweet cherry here and there. The veggies always work together and complimented the sausage. The cream cheese made it nice and creamy, with the bite from the stronger cheese.

I don't cook every night by any means, but I do love it. I love experimenting like this - especially when my experiments are successful!! Art in its own right! :)

And now, I'm off to find the perfect mashed potato recipe (I'm thinking I will include some boursin cheese to fancy them up!)

6 Opinions:

Deb R said...

That sounds yummy! Thanks for commenting on my blog yesterday so I could come over and say hey! Hey! :-)

Love the "serenity" collage you posted below.

PennyBlue said...

Is there no end to your talents??! lol

Tammy said...

Hi Deb!! :) Serenity is one of my favorite collages I've done! I need to get it framed I think!

BlueJude - I don't know about talent, but there is no end to the things I'll TRY! :)

Unknown said...

Oh my! That sounds delicious, even though I don't eat meat. I love the way you have so much fun.

Suzie Ridler said...

Cooking is definitely an artform! I work very hard at this one and am totally impressed at your culinary creation. I have never heard of that kind of sausage before, I'm not one for mixing meat and fruit but this has intrigued me Tammy.

For perfect mashed potatoes, make sure you put them on the stove for a bit after you drain them to make sure the water has completely evaporated, makes such a difference.

Tammy said...

I do have fun cooking! (and experimenting!) I had never heard of this sausage before either - Whole Foods market has some great creations!

Thanks for the mashed potato tips Suzie! It helped bunches to get the water evaporated off! They were the best I'd ever made! :)