12.27.2006

News and Notes

Posted by Tammy

Well, our Internet is working this morning... but it has been down since Christmas morning. We've got a technician scheduled, but not until Friday. So, I may get this post up!

Mike gave me a gift certificate to Target so I could get my digital camera - which I promptly went out and did yesterday!! I don't have it loaded up so I can share any pictures yet, but I will soon! I've taken a lot of test pictures of our cats! (All of whom are in hot water this morning for various reasons... five cats... who thought THAT was a good idea?!) I also want to go out today and take some pictures of our house which is still quite deep in snow drifts! And, they are predicting we could get another foot of snow starting tomorrow! Yikes! We're not unburied from the 2 feet last week yet!

We were able to finally get out of the house on Christmas Eve morning. We raced to the grocery store to get some appetizers and made it to Mike's family get-together. I was so happy to be out of the house! We had a nice time. Mike's step-mom had my name in the drawing and gave me a GC to Borders. I'll be shopping again today!! Books!!! We don't have a Borders in Fort Collins, so I'm going to trek to Greeley - about a half hour drive. Not bad - for money to spend on books - no problem!

On the way home, we stopped at the grocery store again to get the ingredients for the food for our Christmas day. I made a breakfast casserole with bread, eggs, sausage and cheese. And for dinner I made Ropa Vieja - a Cuban dish. It was so fragrant and turned out quite yummy, in spite of the fact it had no green pepper in it because the store had NO produce! Trucks weren't able to get through because of the storm, so the shelves were quite bare...

Mike had to wait until yesterday for some of his presents. I'd left them at my office because of our rush to get home before the blizzard really took hold. All in all though - we had a nice Christmas in spite of the bad weather. I'm glad we hadn't planned to fly anywhere!

I'm off now to buy new Glasses!! Yay! I've had the same ones for more than 2 years. I know I need a new prescription, but it's always fun to get a new look! I'll hopefully be able to post some self-portraits soon! :)

2 Opinions:

Deb R said...

What kind of camera did you get?

I hope you post photos of the new glasses when you get them. (I sooooo need to do the new glasses thing. Sometime in '07, I swear!)

Carolyn said...

I was going to ask the same question about your camera. My nephew got stranded in Denver before the holidays...but was finally able to get out on Christmas eve. I, too, got a gift certificate for books...B&N! Love it!