12.24.2006

Update!

Posted by Tammy

It's been a while since I posted. The reason - a BLIZZARD. We have more than 2 feet of snow at our house. We're safe and tucked in, but still stuck. Our Internet connection has been spotty, so that's why no posts!

This is the first big snow we've had living in this house. I used to live in the country. It was never a problem to get out because we lived on a main county road which got plowed soon. And my landlord would plow the driveway with a tractor. Here - no snow plows... and if/when they do plow - it is apparently one strip up the middle and if they block your driveway, oh well... So we'll have more digging to do. We've already cleared snow from our driveway. Haven't even started on sidewalks yet. It's hard work!

I'm very tired of being stuck. I have plenty to do, but I'm very sad about Christmas. I had a wonderful, fun menu planned for us, and I have none of the ingredients. We may have a frozen pizza tomorrow... We're supposed to go to Mike's family get together today, and we won't be able to go. I left many of my presents for Mike in my desk drawer at work (I was having stuff shipped there) so I won't be able to give them to him on Christmas.

Our 2 year anniversary was Friday and we weren't able to go to Rasta Pasta for dinner - where we met 2 years ago... Blah! I like snow, but I don't like Blizzards - this is ridiculous!

I hope all of you are well and happy - celebrating the holidays! I'll be back with more cheerful posts again soon!

2 Opinions:

Deb R said...

Aw, Tammy, so sorry to hear you're snowed in, especially without the stuff you wanted to have with you. (I'm in an area where, if it snows enough I'm often stuck for days, so I know how it feels) I hope you have a wonderful Christmas anyway and maybe an extra-nice make-up anniversary dinner once you can get out safely. Stay warm!! :-)

~jolene said...

Hey Tammy!
I have tried commenting so many times here...but blogger has not cooperated with me :(

I feel that somehow you and Mike will find a way to make the holiday special no matter what happens. Maybe it is just a time to "BE" -- and go with the flow.

Right now being snowed in sounds good to this California beach girl who will be basking in sunshine that feels nothing holiday-ish!

Be Merry!