It's Wednesday - time for Getting to Know you at the Create a Connection blog! Deb came up with another fun set of questions for us this week!

Here's the scenario this week. Imagine you've made a connection with another blogger who lives in a completely different part of the world than you do. This blogger is about to take a trip and the connection you've made is so strong that she is going to make your house one stop on her trip. (Yay!) Unfortunately she can only stay at your place for 24 hours (boo!), but she'd like to see some nearby sights while visiting with you.

Keeping in mind that time is quite limited, so you have to stick pretty close to home (although not necessarily right IN your town - just anyplace you could go as a day trip), try looking around you with the eyes of someone who has never seen your area and tell us some things you'd share with...

A Visitor to Your Hometown

1. Your visitor wants to see something historical. Where would you take her and why?

I have to admit - I don't know that much about the history of my own town. (kind of sad, really...) But - I looked around and I would take my guest to the Avery House - a landmark in downtown Fort Collins. It looks like such a beautiful place and interesting history!


{Edit} OK - I had to add something here! I completely forgot about this when I was writing the post earlier! We HAVE to see the Great Stupa at the Shambhala Mountain Center!! This is truly in my backyard - less than an hour drive. It is really one of a kind and something you should see - even if you aren't a Buddhist or someone who meditates. This is a truly amazing experience! I have been twice. Mike and I went about 2 years ago. It truly is a magical place. We went again in October with his friend Paul. What an amazing place! Don't miss it if you come to this area! :)











2. She wants to see something hysterical...well, mildly amusing anyway. She'd even go for cute, quirky, odd, or unique. Where would you take her and why?

I don't know about hysterical - but quirky and unique I can find! Old Town Fort Collins is the place to be! Shopping galore at funky boutiques like A Sense of Place or the Perennial Gardner - quirky stores like Curiousities and Boutique Bravo, and Nature's Own. I love shopping and walking around the plaza in Old Town - there is some good people watching to be had also!


3. She wants to take some beautiful and/or interesting photos to fill her albums when she gets home. Where would you take her?

This one is easy to answer. We would take the hour drive up to Rocky Mountain National Park. It is a gorgeous area - and definitely something any visitor to my area should see. We would drive up Fall River Road to the visitor center at the top of Trail Ridge. Then wind our way down Trail Ridge road (Fall River is ONE way!)












4. She'd like to buy a souvenir that will remind her of your area every time she sees it. What would you suggest and where would you go to get it?

I think we've got souvenirs covered - Old Town will hold something unique and interesting - And the visitor center at the top of Trail Ridge will definitely have fun things. But, if she was interested, I would also take her to my favorite local brewery - New Belgium! A tour, some beer tasting, and souvenirs galore! :) It is home to Fat Tire beer and my favorite - 2 Below. Yummy!

5. Wow, it's been a long day and you're both ready for a snack, or maybe even a meal. Where would you take her to really get the flavor of your area?

There are LoADs of choices for yummy, local restaurants in Fort Collins. For very casual Mexican, Las Salsitas is the place - the best chicken mole ever! (they are currently closed because of a fire, but will be re-opening soon! I can hardly wait!)


For a local pub/brewery - Coopersmith's is my favorite. Yummy pub food and great local beer. My favorite is the Punjabi Pale Ale.

There - I've got a trip all planned out for someone! Any visitors heading this way?! :)

6 Opinions:

Tanaya said...

Ok. Ummmm....is there room for me inyour abode? I'l lgladly come & visit. You sound like the PERFECT tour guide!

Deb R said...

Wow, I wish I could come visit! I was only in Colorado once (for a week, just outside of Denver, many years ago) and I LOVED it and have always wanted to go back, but have just never quite made it. Sounds like your area would be a great destination, Tammy!

Tammy Brierly said...

Looks and sounds like a great visit!

Suzie Ridler said...

You live in such an interesting place! Look at all the different things you can see. I would definitely check out Rocky Mountain National Park.

I've only lived here a year, I don't know if I can do this one.

Arty Lady's blog said...

I'm coming over, particularly to see the temple!

Jana B said...

Rocky Mountain National Park... I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO there emotionally!!!!! lol

But actually, I'd probably even choose the Shambhala Mountain Center even over that... The gardens sound absolutely AMAZING!!!!!

If I'm ever in your area... you would SO be visited!!!! LOL