Today is the last Wednesday of January and Deb has her last set of Getting to Know You questions for the month posted at Create a Connection. In February, Swamp Grrl will be hosting the Getting to Know You day - check it out!! :) (and FYI: I will be hosting Photo Thursdays for the month of February - starting tomorrow!! Come join in on the fun!)

Here are my answers to Deb's fabulous questions:

1. What are some of your favorite smells? What's a smell that many other people seem to like, but you don't?

I have a super sensitive nose. I have lots of favorite smells! Coffee SMELLS fantastic, but I am not a huge fan of the taste. If only it tasted as good as it smelled! I LOVE the smell of green chilies. I realized this one this summer when I went crazy buying bags of fire roasted chilies at the farmer's market to freeze. It was a LOT of work to get them all cleaned and chopped for freezing. Luckily the smell was heavenly.

My favorite candle is from Yankee and it is Ginger and Green Tea, and they aren't making it anymore... boo!

I have a very hard time with a lot of smells as well. Very perfumey smells make me sick - headache and nausea. Flowery scents are the worst. Anything that has that really heavy, sickly sweet, flowery scent gets me.


2. What are some of your favorite tastes? What's a taste many other people seem to like, but you don't?

I love curry. Thai, Indian, you name it. I love the spicy mixture tastes of curry! I LOVE chocolate, of course, and my favorite there is very dark and bitter. I've recently discovered dark and spicy chocolate! I also love nuts - my favorite is Brazil Nuts. Yum! (when I was a kid, I used to pick these out of our nuts at Christmas - Daddy had to crack them for me though!)

Hmmm... something I don't like for taste that others do? This one isn't as easy. I like to say I'm not picky, but really, I think I am. I don't like celery. There's just something off in the taste of celery. I don't like white chocolate very well either. Gimme DARK any day! :)

3. What are some of your favorite textures? What's a texture that many other people seem to like, but you don't?

I LOVE texture. Paper is my favorite thing - I love to go to art supply stores and browse all of the cool papers. I have to touch though. I also love yarn and ribbon. But, again, I have to touch!

I HATE the texture of fingernail files. I can't file my own nails because of touching the file. (and don't even get me started on the sound) I also can't handle raw clay. I have tried making pottery and just can't do it. I even tried painting already cast pottery, but the feel of the unglazed clay just does me in.


4. What are some of your favorite sounds? What's a sound that many other people seem to like, but you don't?

I love the sound of water. The ocean is my particular favorite. The huge sound of incoming waves to the soft "shush" of water going out. And waterfalls! Brooks, rivers, you get the picture. I also really love music of all types. I guess my favorite is probably leaning towards bluegrass/folk sounds, but I like it all!

I can't stand the sound of Rap music though. I don't understand it. It grates on my nerves. I have tried to like it, but I just can't!

5. What are some of your favorite sights? What's a sight that many other people seem to like but you don't?

Well, having lived in Colorado my whole life, I have to mention the Rocky Mountains as a favorite sight! I love being able to look out my front door and see the mountains (well, not quite, but close!) I love the sky - the bright blues, the greys, the clouds and sunshine. I also LOVE art in all forms. Art museums are one of my favorite sights - the MoMA in NYC is fantastic!!

I don't understand high fashion. The sights there just don't appeal to me - the weird wigs, makeup, stick thin women... just don't do it for me.

Bonus: If you could greatly enhance just one sense - say for instance see as many colors as a bird, or smell as many distinct scents as a dog - which sense would it be and why?

I would have to go for sight for sure. I love color - if my color was enhanced, it would be fantastic!! I think that, as an artist (!!), if I could see brighter, more vivid color, my art would benefit!

FUN questions, as always!!!

9 Opinions:

Suzie Ridler said...

Fascinating answers Tammy! I'm with you on rap, can't get into that or high fashion either. Speaking of which, watch Tyra tomorrow, she's going to take on the media for dissing her weight gain!

Celery? That's so weird, what's wrong with celery? LOL, I love that we're all so unique and fantastic women!

Deb R said...

I'm with ya on the celery thing. If I'd thought of it, I could've put celery on my list of dislikes for taste AND texture! :-)

Great fun reading your answers, Tammy.

Arty Lady's blog said...

Love your answers, particularly because I agree with so many!

Janet said...

I like these Q&As because we get to learn more about you. I'm with you on the Rap music and most of the high fashion stuff especially the stick thin models but I like celery!
I think you must already see brighter, vivid colors because your art is fantastic!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Great answers Tammy, I'm with you on a lot of it, especially the white chocolate! Why bother?!

Anonymous said...

This was great fun to read, and I am completely with you on not being to stand anything to purfumy or flowery...it gives me a huge headache.

And, of course, hurrah for dark chocolate!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Great answers! I like reading how everyone responds differently to the same questions. :)

Jana B said...

I'm not into high fashion or rap either, and the texture of nail files bothers me too... it really grates on my nerves!!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh tammy, grrll. i am right there with you on deep dark chocolate and the ocean.

send me an e-mail (one4lite@yahoo.com )with your snail address for that Elvis Costello show.