1.26.2007

Create a Connection - my MUG!!

Posted by Tammy

Yayayayay! My mug from Holli arrived yesterday and it was worth the wait!! She made a mug for me! :) (apparently it's the first of a series - check out her blog to see more designs!)

Jessie hosted this first ever swap at the Create a Connection blog. I think it was a total success!! The mugs I've seen have been just wonderful - mine included! (go here to see more mugs) Great job everyone! I look forward to the next swap!

Here are shots from all angles of my fabulous package! Holli even wrapped the box! (the cats loved the ribbon as you can imagine!) (And in honor of my "Shine on you Crazy Cupcake" mug and Holli - new music - Pink Floyd - "Shine on you Crazy Diamond"!)


14 Opinions:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you like it!!! Seeing as Pink Floyd ranks up in my top 3 bands of all time - I had Tom hiding this under his desk while I wrestled with mailing it to you - or going out and buying something.. but my need to share the cupcake/classic rock love overcame.

And because I love this song so much - here are some interesting facts, for those people who have nothing better to do than read interesting facts about "shine on you, crazy diamond."

~ Although split into to parts to bookend the album "Wish You Were Here" - when compiled it is the longest Pink Floyd song ever recorded.

~ As a tribute to former band member Syd Barrett who eventually wasted his life away with drugs.. the lyrics came from his first name: Shine on You crazy Diamond.

~ The lyrics in this reflect the bands emotions about how they feel/felt about Syd, and I've seen Roger Waters twice in the past 5 years.. he still puts a photo montage of Syd up during the song.. and gets very choked up. I like the lyrics "Remember when you were young? You shone like the sun."

Thanks, Tammy - for not only appreciating the mug - but for giving a shout out to Pink Floyd. I may be a little old school.. but I can't help it I was born in the wrong era.

xoxoxo

Suzie Ridler said...

I can't imagine getting a custom-made mug just for me! What a truly beautiful gift. This swap was so much fun I can hardly believe it. Yay for you gettings your Tammy!

Thank you also for the comment on Feminist Moments about Tyra, I'm going to look into that more and I am so happy you're enjoying it. That warms my heart and fuels the fire.

Tammy said...

Holli! Thanks for all the info - I didn't know any of it - Mike told me a bit about the song (which he loves btw) and it was his suggestion to put it up on the blog! :) Mike is old school too - I'm learning!

Tammy said...

Man Suzie - you're so right! This was the best swap I've participated in! I loved picking out my mug for my partner and then receiving this ultra-cool mug from Holli!! YAYAY! :)

dmmgmfm said...

That is a very cool cup!

Anonymous said...

Mike rocks!

PennyBlue said...

Now I wish I would've did this - too cool! Love the mug!

Lila Rostenberg said...

What fun to get that in the mail! Now you can enjoy receiving the package again with your favorite beverage!

Jessie said...

WOW!! custom made and everything! you are a lucky girl indeed! :) that's super cool.

Miss Robyn said...

I have to get myself organized and join in the fun at create a connection. Our summer holidays are over so maybe I will have a little more time to check. Just looked at your previous posts of a few days - lurve those butterflies! & that mug is gorgeous :)

Ginnie said...

I've been reading back over some of your blogs. I can't resist comparing our age groups...you are in the "collecting" mode and I am in the "getting rid of" mode. It is fun to see all you've acquired and I remember when I would have enjoyed that too. You seem to have a very healthy and fun attitude toward life...it's great.

Anonymous said...

That's a wonderful mug! Very special, and I love Pink Floyd! This mug swap was the greatest fun! :)

Jamie said...

Wow, what an awesome mug. I love how there's something special everywhere you look - like treasures all around. And how awesome that it came in such happy packaging (including those special cat toys called ribbons). I'm sure a lot of smiles will be associated with this cup!

Anonymous said...

This is adorable!

I adore the mug you sent me, and lately, I have been using it every single day...either for my morning coffee, or my evening tea. Not only is it beautiful, but it has the greatest handle! ha ha

I think what makes it really special is the kind intentions that it was sent with...so thank you again so very much!