Well, yes, I know it's not Thursday! Last Thursday Krista posed a Photo challenge for us over at the Create a Connection blog and I just got it done last night.

Her challenge was this:

"This photo Thursday, I wonder if you would take the flash off your camera, light some candles, and try to get a good shot of anything, under candlelight. Take a picture of your favourite books under candlelight, of yourself under candlelight, or even take a picture of the candles themselves."

I LOVE candles. I have tons all over the house. I don't light them often enough! I decided I wanted to take pictures of candles and a bubble bath. That's my tattooed foot sticking out of the tub! :) (I was a bit scared that I was going to drop my new camera in the bath, but I didn't!)


Now - another version of this photo is for the Self Portrait Challenge. As we are on the cusp of a new month, the new challenge has been posted. I have combined the January challenge of Resolutions with the February challenge of Black and White and here is my photo...



My resolution is to Pamper Myself more often. I deserve it and need it! Baths and candles are a good way to start! I didn't take this photo in Black and White, but it works pretty well! Although, you don't get the warm glow of the candle light - the reflections are pretty cool! A fun challenge for both sites!

12 Opinions:

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I love candles very much, both pictures are great but I am for the one without the flash. Bravo for your resolution!!! Pamper yourself every day, every minute!

Tammy Brierly said...

Wow! You did a lovely job here!

Great music!

turquoise cro said...

YES! I LOVE a bath by candlelight!!! Such a simple pleasure but so soothing and relaxing! Rub-a-dub-dub, a Happy girly in the tub! Love this photo! xo, Cinda

Jamie said...

Ooh, I love both versions of this pic. And what an awesome resolution! Here's to more pampering in 2007!

LadyTulip said...

~~~ Hey!! ~~~


What a great idea..pampering and pampering...Ohh!!...I am definetly going to go for THAT!! --- Love the photos. I've just bought a digital camera, an' so hope to get shots on my blog too!!

Your shots are a good inspiration for me!! Thanx!!

Suzie Ridler said...

Wonderful combo post Tammy! Good for you for taking such good care of yourself. Pampering? What a novel idea! LOL, I'm so bad at doing that. Thanks the inspiration.

Shona Cole said...

Great photo, makes me want to do the same!

K said...

A great photo. Love both the B& W and color.

Kelly

Janet said...

Cool photos! I love a candle lit bubble bath. It always seems so luxurious.

Anonymous said...

I was about to say (but was beaten to the comment) THAT TATTOO ROCKS!!!!

Pamper yourself - nobody else will if you don't set the standard!!

xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Love this shot! Is your tattoo a rose? My tattoo guy wants to do a flower tattoo on the top of my foot...but I'm thinking a baby dragon LOL

Tammy said...

Thanks for all your wonderful positive comments!! I appreciate it so much!

If you are interested, you can see my tattoo in better detail at
Flickr.
It is waxing, full, waning moons surrounded by flowers!