1.02.2007

I Finally Get to Share!

Posted by Tammy

Remember me mentioning I had Christmas presents that I'd made, but couldn't share? Well, I can now share some of them with you because the recipients have opened them! The secret is out of the box!

I framed three different ATCs from my October challenge and gave them to my mom and dad, my sister Vicki, and my niece Sheri for Christmas. I had a challenge figuring out how to frame these bitty pieces of art. I couldn't put a mat around them because the art goes right to the edge! I finally settled on mounting them directly on black mat board. I just bought a giant sheet and cut each down to size, then mounted the ATC (the original!) directly on. I love the effect! And my family did too!

Vicki got this one:

My niece Sheri got this one:


And finally, my mom got this one:
I will have some more framed art to post soon, but again, I don't want to ruin anything for the recipients of the art! I will also have PHOTOS! to share soon - my new digital camera is working, and I'm trying to get it all figured out! :) Can you even believe it is 2007 already?! It's been weird writing that today!

3 Opinions:

Suzie Ridler said...

These are WONDERFUL Tammy! I'm so glad you shared them with us. You also reminded me to do the same, I made a few winter solstice presents I can now put online, LOL.

Awesome work Tammy!

Carolyn said...

Tammy...they look GREAT framed like this...an excellent choice for framing. Now...that makes me want to frame some of mine.

PennyBlue said...

Love the black frames. Really like the one in the middle. Great gift idea.