1.07.2007

Saturday = Try Day

Posted by Tammy

Saturday is Try Day at the Create a Connection blog. (I know - it's Sunday now... but bear with me!) Jamie from Starshyne Productions is the guest blogger and her Try suggestion is this:

"We’re putting on our existential detective glasses and opening up our intuitive ears and paying attention to clues, to signs that the universe is sending to each of us. You can try this for a day, for an hour or for the week. It’s entirely up to you."


OK - I haven't spent the direct time that I want to on this yet, so hopefully, I'll have more to report, however, I did have an interesting thing (synchronicity) happen yesterday. And I think it fits!

I had a haircut appointment at noon yesterday. I've been going to Mickey to have my haircut for about 7 years. She is always friendly, but not usually so outgoing. But, yesterday she seemed very different. Before she started cutting my hair, she told me about a challenge she had just issued to her staff.

It turns out she had just recently watched the movie The Secret. I haven't seen this movie, but this isn't the first time I've had someone mention it to me. I guess one of the main points in the movie is about the Laws of Attraction. (LOA) These LOA are how you look at things that happen to you - if something bad happens, do you moan and groan about how horrible it is? Or do you look at what good you can find and how that is a positive for you?

Well, Mickey had just challenged her staff and herself to try this technique of finding the good in bad situations. She was SO happy and outgoing and positively bubbly yesterday. She told me to try it and call her if I had something to report!

Well, this last week, I have heard more about this movie, and these LOA than I can figure! One of my art groups online has been talking about it, my boss has told me about it, and one of my favorite stores sent an email saying they had the movie available... I am thinking this is the Universe's sign that I need to wake up and pay attention! I have been quite negative lately. I think the weather, the snow, has been getting me down and I certainly haven't seen the good in the situation!

So - for Try Day - I got my sign loud and clear. I need to pay attention to these LOA and look for the good. (I also think I need to see this movie!!) I'm hoping to try Jamie's technique some more, but I didn't have to really TRY to notice this sign!! It fell into my lap!

8 Opinions:

PennyBlue said...

Okay NOW I really have to get this movie. AND print out the LOA!

Jessie said...

The list for the Create a Connection Mug Swap will be posted tomorrow (Monday)--don't forget to check the list! :)

I'm glad you're participating!
Jessie

Janet said...

We received The Secret for Christmas and I love it! The whole idea is so appealing to me and I feel so much happier after watching it a few times. My advice is, see the movie! You won't be sorry.

Suzie Ridler said...

Good for you Tammy for listening to what's going on around here for the universe's messages! I keep hearing about that little film too, let me know how it goes.

Anonymous said...

wow, i've been so outta the loop! w/ being under the weather, i've missed the inagural week of CaC!!!

& i've made the leap too, which has further detained me from current blog events...

what i really came by was to let your sis vicky know that she can get cool vintage photo collage cds via stamp diva.com or she can go ask the source, danielle over at thevintagedragonfly.typepad.com for where she got her vintage cuties...

coming to your blog has reminded me to get out more in the blogging world!

take care my dear & hugs,
mary ann xo

Anonymous said...

oops, i didn't mean to hit "anonymous" bec. i'm over at wordpress now...it's me, firstborn (aka mary ann of follow your bliss)...

Jamie said...

Hi Tammy, I'm so glad that you're participating in Try Day! Wow, that message really came at you loud and clear, didn't it? I wonder what you're going to attract into your life! I can't wait to see.

Judi said...

Oh WOW! I've been having the same experiences!I have the book by Esther & Jerry Hicks"The Law of Attraction" and keep hearing about the movie. The book practically jumped off the shelves at Borders! TRY DAY should prove interesting to all of us.