I have this bad habit... it's a nervous habit, really. I pick at my arms. I leave these little red marks, and scabs, behind. I don't like this habit. I don't like the way it makes my arms look. I love my hands, but I don't like the way my arms look... a little incongruent!

My resolution for week 2 of Self Portrait Challenge - Resolutions is:

Stop Picking at My Arms! (and this really goes along with last weeks of not being so negative about my own image!)
I found that taking photos of my own arms was quite the challenge. And the red marks don't show up in the picture - only my freckles... but, you get the idea!

6 Opinions:

Tammy Brierly said...

My daughter has done this all her life. I'm sending good vibes your way ;)

Suzie Ridler said...

You can do it Tammy! I believe in you!

Janet said...

My mom used to do this. It was a nervous habit for her. I used to bite my nails but suddenly many years ago I just quit! I still don't know what did it but I'm happy I finally quit.

Deb R said...

Taking photos of your own arms is hard, isn't it! Sending good thoughts that you achieve your resolution~~~

I like your rings!

Tammy said...

Thank you guys for all your encouragement!! It will be a hard, long-standing habit to break, but I'm really going to try! Mike helps - by nagging!

I love my rings too Deb! I'll have to get a better photo sometime - my ring finger is an emerald that I bought for myself about 7 years ago. And the other is a very inexpensive "spoon" ring. Silver and gold all on one hand! :) Gotta mix it up!

Miss Robyn said...

I find it hard to take a photo of my arms or hands - they look so old - how vain is that! Maybe each time you find your self picking at your arms, you could rub some body lotion into them ~ buy yourself the most expensive one you can afford and keep it specially for this. I have one that is organic and perfumed with pure essential oils of lavender & neroli - makes me feel like a true Goddess!
I might just join this self portrait challenge!