Swamp Grrl is hosting Get to Know You Day in February over at Create a Connection. Her questions have been fun and today is no exception!! Here are my answers:

1. What is your favorite word?

Hmmm... a favorite word? I love words. I don't know if I can pick just one. I love to make up words - Mike is always calling me on words that aren't really words. I love the word onomatopoeia, and I love palindrome too. Our telephone number is a palindrome! :)


2. What is your least favorite word?

I don't like trendy words. I don't know what people are talking about when they use the slang words for things that are cool or whatever. (I don't even know what the "cool" words are right now!)

3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?

Color! Clouds, the moon, flowers, swinging (like on a kid's swingset), drawing, collaging, writing on my blog! Playing WoW with Mike. You name it - if it's creative it gets me going!

4. What turns you off?

Dumb people

5. What is your favorite curse word?

Hmmm... I think I'll plead the fifth. I curse way too much. My favorite word for driving is moron!

6. What sound or noise do you love?

The ocean, rain (with NO thunder!), kitty meows

7. What sound or noise do you hate?

Thunder

8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

I always thought I wanted to be a sign language interpreter.

9. What profession would you not like to do?

I wouldn't like to do a job that was cleaning up after others - janitorial or maid service - people are just yucky!

10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?

Hmmm... don't know here... I have nothing.

6 Opinions:

Jamie said...

Oh, thanks for the reminder to participate in this. I love these questions!

What awesome words you've chosen. Doesn't onomatopoeia just roll off your tongue? Oh, and did you see that Try Day is about sign language this week? Maybe it's a, um, a sign.

I bet when you walk through those gates, you'll here, "Ah, here's Tammy, the artist."

hollibobolli said...

These were great answers!!! I don't know what trendy words are either. I'm still so behind "phat" sounds new to me.

palindrome is a great word!

I love the F word! Wait - did I just say that???

Suzie Ridler said...

That's so funny you hate thunder, I wonder why that is? I miss thunder, we don't get it by the ocean at all. Fascinating answers Tammy. I wouldn't want to clean up after others either! I have a hard enough time doing that for me and my husband.

Tammy said...

I did know about Jana's sign language post! That's what made me think of this old ambition of mine, actually!! :) I was fluent at one time, but have lost it all now.

You make me laugh Holli... Phat was actually the word I was thinking of when I wrote this! I have no idea if it's still cool or not! Cool always works for me though! I love the F word too, but don't like to admit it! It rolls off a little too easily!

And thunder ... yes it's an old phobia of mine. I think I figured out why though. It's a long story, but a scary thing happened when I was a kid and it was raining/thundering at the time. I LOVE rain, but if there is thunder, I get all panicky. Lightning doesn't bother me if it's far enough away that I don't hear the thunder! Silly... since I know thunder is just noise, but it's an irrational fear! I need to live near the ocean where it rains without thunder!!!!

nyjlm said...

I also have a fear of thunder- although living in Florida has greatly reduced that fear! Now I only jump for the really really big booms!

Tammy Brierly said...

Great answers and pictures apove. #10 how about just a...Welcome! lol