9.29.2007

Long time, no meme

Posted by Tammy

Cheesy title? Check!! Crazy list of questions? Check! I borrowed this meme from DebR, who borrowed it from... you get the picture! :)

Ocean or Lake? Ocean! For sure!! I'm going there in a couple weeks! :) (the Atlantic - Wrightsville Beach, NC!)

Pizza or Chinese? I like both, but I guess I'd usually choose Chinese over pizza given that choice!

Mansion or Penthouse? Probably neither. I'd never really want the space of a mansion, and I don't think I'd like living at the heights of a penthouse! I'd choose a house on the beach!

Have you been on a Jet Ski? Nope - not interested thank you!

Are you afraid of clowns? Yes, isn't everyone?!

How many brothers/sisters do you have? I have three brothers - Tom, John, Joe. I have four sisters - Connie, Rhonda, Mary, and Vicki.

Favorite band/group? I don't know if I can narrow it to a favorite - I like so much different music!

Baseball or football? Both! I have lived in Colorado my whole life, so I have to root for the Broncos! (And I do, regularly - watch football that is!) I love baseball too, but I rarely see a game. I like to go to Rockies games, but haven't in quite a number of years... they're not as fun to watch on TV.

Favorite brand of makeup? Makeup?! I don't really wear the stuff. What I do have is Mary Kay as my best friend, Andrea, used to sell it. I only put on makeup for a special dress-up occasion! (I used to always wear eyeliner/mascara, but Mike told me he prefers me without it... so who am I to question?!)

Do you have an IPod? I don't. It might be fun to have one though... someday, maybe...

Bike or scooter? I don't have either, but I'd choose a bike.

Ever go in a hot air balloon? I haven't. I think I'd like to try, but the height fear might be hard for me! Maybe someday though!

What brand computer do you have? It's Mike's, but I think it's a Dell!

How many times have you been to Disneyworld? I haven't been to World, but Land several times.

Favorite city? It's not Fort Collins (where I live now...) I'd have to say I loved Manhattan - to visit. I love Seattle a lot and think I could live there for sure! Hopefully, I'll love Raleigh, NC when we visit as we might wind up living there!!

Do you think you are fat? I don't like this question! As Deb said though, I know I'm overweight. I have never called myself fat though. I want to be healthier and I'm working on that, slowly. We have an exercise bike on the way, so we're trying to change habits (Mike and I both!)

Ever throw up in a public place? I'm sure I did in school, but I don't remember for sure. (and, ICK! What a question?!)

Do you have a pool? Nope, not many pools outdoors in Colorado. It used to be too cold to have one, but it's gotten warmer since I was a kid!

How many times a month do you go to the movies? I probably make it about once a month, maybe.

Last movie you saw? The last movie I saw was ... hmmm... I can't remember! I'm planning to go see Hairspray tomorrow!

Do you chew ice? Yes. Not always, but some.

Have you been to California? Yes, many times - my dad has lots of family there. And my folks live in Desert Hot Springs for the winters.

Last book you read? I re-read a childhood favorite called The Trolley Car Family. I'm reading a great, intriguing book now called The Echo Maker. It's very fascinating - I started slow, but now I really want to know what happens!

Do you like to go fishing? NO! Absolutely zero interest in this activity!

Favorite professional team? The Denver Broncos.

Do you like mohawks? Not particularly.

How many pairs of shoes do you own? I don't know for sure, but I think Mike would tell you "too many"... I think probably only around 30 pairs.

Do you floss? Not as often as I should!

Do you have braces? I don't know, and never have. I probably should have.

Do you bite your nails? No, and I never have.

What is your last thought before falling asleep? "I wish this cat would get out of my face"... with five cats, there is almost always one trying to cuddle up!

Do you fall in love easily? I don't think so. But with Mike it wasn't hard!!

Ever have a crush and they never knew? Of course!

Do you babysit? I used to, all the time! But, now, it's been MANY years... I would do OK with a baby, but toddlers/kids would try my patience too much I'm afraid.

Ever been shot at? NO! (who came up with these questions?)

Do you consider yourself nice? I think some of the time I am. I know I can be pretty grumpy too, and I get really irritated with stupid people (like when driving!)

Do you go to camp for the summer? I used to, as a kid. Every summer, we went to camp in Durango.

Have you been on a boat? I have - it's been a long time. It's not my favorite activity because I get motion sick!

Ever break a bone? Not that I'm totally sure of. I think I broke a toe once a long time ago, but it wasn't "official". It still hurts if I ding it!

What is your ultimate job? Working out of home - doing art, creating websites.

Do you want to walk on the moon? Not really. I love seeing the view of it from here, but I don't think I want to go there.

Can you name the seven dwarfs? I doubt it... Dopey, Sneezy, Doc, Sleepy, Grumpy, Happy, Slappy, Wacko, and Dot... Oh, wait...

Favorite TV show? Alias. Yes, I know, it's been cancelled. But it's still my favorite. The one that's still on? Dancing with the Stars. And I like Lost too. I am hoping Season 3 comes out in time for us to watch it before Season 4 starts!

Apples or oranges? I prefer Oranges. But, I can't eat citrus... so I eat an apple now and then...

Favorite model of car? I'm not a huge car fan. I do notice old cars though - I like the old muscle cars - GTO, GTX, etc. They catch my eye!

Favorite flower? Stargazer Lilies!! (and Roses!)

Favorite color? Green

Ever climb out your bedroom window? I don't think so. I had a door out onto a "balcony" when I was a kid, so I didn't have to go out a window.

Do you live in an apartment or house? House

How many times in the last month have you had the hiccups? Many - I get them pretty frequently!

Ever laugh so hard milk came out your nose? I don't drink milk! But other liquid, yes, I have!

How many cousins do you have? I really have NO idea - but lots. I think at least 12 first cousins.

Do you believe in ghosts? Yes.

If you were a bird, what would you be? I don't really like birds, but I'd choose one who gets to live somewhere tropical!

Ever get stitches? Only when I had surgeries.

If you could, would you want to know what your future was going to be? No - I don't think so. Although I'd really like to know where/when Mike and I will be moving!!

If you could change your name, what would it be? I've thought about this one. I'm not a big fan of Tammy. I've considered trying to go by my middle name, Dale... I was told once I should change my name to Phaedre. (fay-dra)

Dogs or cats? I only have cats - I think I'll always have cats. But, I do love dogs too! We saw the most adorable black pug this morning and loved on it for a few minutes. I wanted to bring him home with us!!

Do you believe in love at first sight? I'm not sure. As I said, with Mike, it was easy, and relatively quick! I don't know if I loved him at first sight, but there was definitely something there!

Do you go to church? No.

Would you marry outside your religion? I don't have a religion, so I guess, I'd marry no matter what as long as he were accepting of me! (Mike and I see eye to eye, so this is a good thing!)

Ever ride in a limo? I have! It was fun - my senior prom with two other couples. We were geeky enough that we sang (and harmonized) songs from our choir while riding back from our dinner to the prom!

Ever drink champagne? I LOVE champagne. I was lucky enough to have a glass (two actually since Mike doesn't like it) when he took me out for dinner for my birthday on Wednesday. The manager of the restaurant brought us glasses to help us celebrate (and to make up for Mike's undercooked steak - which they also replaced and made perfect!)

OK - that's it for the Tammy Trivia round! Let me know if you decide to answer these on your own blog! It's fun to read all about you!! :)

4 Opinions:

Deb R said...

I'm so glad you decided to play, Tammy! It was fun to read your answers!

Sharon P Pope said...

Very interesting Tammy, I've copied the questions to the meme and am planning to answer on my blog in a day or two. Probably won't have time today, just got back off a trip and am playing catch up. :) Will let you know when I get them on my blog.

I also liked the music you posted. I didn't know what it was until I read your previous post. It kept playing in spurts (because I have very slow dial-up)while I was reading your meme, and I thought it was something cutting in on me. :) Like it though and the cd cover is gorgeous. Not a fan of Peter Gabriel but really like Joss Stone. What I hear of the song I like though. Thanks for sharing. :)
Sharon (from Mojo)

Suzie Ridler said...

I miss Alias too! Man, that was such a great show. I am totally terrified of clowns too and feel everyone should be. :)

Janet said...

Some of your answers are mine too. I love stargazer lilies, and I never drink milk, and I do not have a religion either. There's more but maybe I'll do this meme, too. You know I love them!!