10.29.2007

To NaBloPoMo, Or Not?

Posted by Tammy

OK - so I keep hearing about this. I heard about it last year, and didn't do it... and now, I'm hearing about it again and considering it...

NaBloPoMo - or National Blog Posting Month - the month of November - you commit to posting every single day on your blog for the entire month. 30 days of blog posts.

I haven't been posting even as much as I used to lately. I haven't been creating as much either. I wonder if this might be a good thing for me to try. Posting every day would push me to write something at least. Or maybe it would push me to create, or take a photo, or ... Or would it make me crazy trying?!

I just don't know. What do you all think? I'd love to hear some feedback if you've tried this... or if you already post every day. What's it like?! Is it overwhelming? Or is it worth it because you get on a roll and write or create for your posts? I have a couple days to decide still... we shall see....

3 Opinions:

Suzie Ridler said...

I'm one of the crazies who is going to be doing this challenge as well and would be happy to support you in this insane endeavour, LOL.

I'll probably be posting a lot of "picture days" to help fill in the gaps.

My husband is away for six weeks, which is better than six months. Still so hard though, especially now that I have a cold darn it!

Janet said...

I haven't done this one but I challenged myself to do art every day last year for the month of November. It was scary at first, but then I got into it and enjoyed the gentle push it gave me. It gave me some structure and I felt a sense of accomplishment when it was over.

Sharon P Pope said...

Good for you Tammy! I thought about doing this challenge, but chickened out. Too much going on here during November this year. I need to get a little more blog experience under my belt anyway. Right now I'm doing good to blog once a week. :) Maybe next time! I look forward to reading your posts!
Sharon