11.23.2007

No Thanksgiving Dinner

Posted by Tammy

For us... We were supposed to go to Mike's dad's house today for his family get-together. Unfortunately, this illness still has it's grips on both of us. Mike is running a low-grade fever today and I'm just coughing like a mad-woman. I'm really tired of being sick, let me tell you!!

We decided to go ahead and make the dip we were planning to take with us. It was really yummy (and will be - we have LOTS left still!)

Here's the recipe (since that's what I seem to be posting the last couple days!)

Chipped Beef Chile Dip:

2 packages Stouffer's Creamed Chipped Beef (we didn't use this - but made homemade chipped beef gravy instead!)
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used more than this)

1 can (4 oz.) diced Green Chiles (I didn't have diced green chilies, so we used 505 Brand green chili sauce - and about 8 oz. instead of 4)
2 tablespoons chopped onion
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder

COMBINE cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chiles, onion and garlic powder in crock pot. Add creamed chipped beef; stir well. Allow to melt all together and get hot at medium heat. Serve with chips or bread. We used Asiago cheese bread from Panera. YUM! :)


It wasn't the turkey dinner and trimmings, but it was good. We're just hanging out in our sweats and playing a lot of World of Warcraft while we convalesce. I am getting a bit stir crazy though! I was looking forward to the get together today, and am sad to miss it. I also am wanting to start Christmas shopping too!! Maybe tomorrow.....

1 Opinions:

Deb R said...

I hope you feel better soon, Tammy!!