5.15.2008

BIG NEWS!

Posted by Tammy

No - it's not about Mike's job. Still no word there.


However, Mike proposed to me last night!! It was a surprise to me - I had no idea it was coming!

WOW! He picked out the stone and the setting and had the ring custom made! The stone is a perfect purple sapphire, and is set in white gold! (Sapphire is my birthstone. I've never liked the customary blue. We saw a purple one several years ago and he remembered that I liked it!) He even got the size exactly right!!

The inscription is ZOMG! Love FTW! Yep - he put gamer speak on my ring! (ZOMG = Oh, my god! FTW = For the Win, so Love for the win! He said he debated on putting that on there, but I'm glad he did - it makes it very personal!!

We haven't talked details at all at this point. I'll keep you posted! I was so shaky last night I could hardly walk. And today, I'm so distracted I can hardly focus on anything!!

14 Opinions:

Janet said...

CONGRATULATIONS to you and Mike!! That's wonderful news, and such a beautiful ring! My engagement ring is an amethyst simply because I love purple! My birthstone is also sapphire but I didn't know there was a purple one.

Now catch your breath and then get ready for the BIG rollercoaster ride!!

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo!! This is so awsome. I am so happy for you. You are so crafty that I cant wait to see what the wedding will bring.
Much love and happiness to you and Mike. I have to say a "normal" diamond would not have been your style:)
kim

Melanie Margaret said...

Hooray!!!
I am so happy for you!
I wish you Love and Joy Always!
XO,
Melba

Kellie said...

Wow Congratulations to you and Mike! What exciting news. Keep us posted on your wedding plans. Much love from,
Matt, Kellie, Claire and Ella

Lila Rostenberg said...

Beautiful ring! Love the stone!
Congratulations!!!

hollibobolli said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

And I love, love, LOVE the inscription!!!!! The ring is soooo beautiful.. I'm so happy for both of you - this is definitely big news. I'm sitting here with a huge smile on my face. happy Happy day!!!!

HUGS!!!

Suzie Ridler said...

Yayyyy!!!!! Such happy news and what a lovely ring! I am thrilled for the both of you and am so happy to know someone who also didn't go with a diamond, so unique and wonderful just like you guys. :)

Tanaya said...

So, so happy for both of you!!

Tammy said...

Thank you everyone! I'm pretty excited - not sleeping, daydreaming, you know!

No - a "normal" diamond wouldn't have done it for me and Mike knew that! I love emeralds, but I have one that I bought for myself about 10 years ago - he wanted something totally unique and he found it! And the silly, but so appropriate, inscription is just right! No mistaking this ring for someone else's!

We're off in just a few hours for Oregon for a week! I know we'll have some time to talk about details! My best friend Andrea is already planning the shower! You all are invited if you'll be in the CO area at the time!! Not sure if the wedding will be in CO or not - depends on when we move!

Jamie said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful surprise - and the ring is amazing! How personal and special. WTG Mike! hehe Tammy & Mike FTW!

I'm wishing you both so much happiness and joy!

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

That is fantastic News Tammy!!! I am so happy for you and Mike!

Gamer speak ftw :) that's l33t!

hugs,
Shannon

Sharon P Pope said...

Gorgeous ring, Tammy! Congratulations! Have fun on your trip!

laoi gaul~williams said...

oh congratulations~how fantastic!
may you have many happy years together
xox

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I'm so happy for the two of you!

That is a beautiful ring!