7.02.2008

Wedding Dress Drama

Posted by Tammy

So... I posted a bit ago about my wedding dress plans - red, Indian, etc... Well... yesterday my sample dress arrived from India. This is a mock version of the dress I was intending to purchase made in my measurements, etc.

Um... yeah... don't so much like it! Andrea told me I look like an Amish schoolteacher. Not exactly what I had in mind for my wedding day! So... we went on a quick trip to a wedding shop nearby and I tried on some more traditional (white) dresses...

I was prepared to not like them either since that is never what I have wanted for my wedding. Well, color me surprised! I LOVED one of them. I wish I could put a photo but I'm keeping it secret from Mike. If you want to see it - email me and I'll send you the photo!

It is strapless, but I'm fixing that issue (it's an issue for me!) by adding a red scarf around my arms/shoulders. I'm also going to add some other red accents. It's a corset back so I'll have the ribbon closure in red as well!

I haven't bought the dress yet, but it is on hold for me. I am going to make my final decision tomorrow... I'm pretty sure my decision will involve a white dress though. (Actually, it is ivory.)

Gah! Who knew I'd wind up buying a traditional wedding dress? I certainly wouldn't have guessed.

4 Opinions:

photoholly said...

My sister in law had a white dress with burgundy accents, it was gorgeous! There's a picture of it on my blog, I think the blog post is "The most beautiful bride in the world", that post always gets a ton of hits! Glad you found something you like, life is full of surprises isn't it? I'm so excited for you, such fun to plan your wedding! I had everyone do my wedding plans for me as I was working 2 full-time jobs! Eeeek! My wedding was wonderful though, I just know yours will be too! Hugs.

Suzie Ridler said...

Tammy, this is only the beginning of unusual discoveries. I had no idea I was such a pretty girl when I started planning my wedding. It happens. I got downright hostile when I tried on dresses too. How many itchy and horrid wedding dresses are there?! It's nuts. What I thought would be perfect turned out horrid.

I'm glad you are following your new more traditional instincts and finding something that makes you feel wonderful. That is the right decision! You have my email address right? I'd LOVE to see the dress!

Tanaya said...

I would LOVE to see your dress! And I am so happy that you are leaving yourself open to whatever feels right. Oh what a joyous wedding this is going to be.

AwtemNymf said...

Tammers-
I'd love tosee the dress too!
Huggles-
Awny