8.11.2008

What's going on here?

Posted by Tammy

A lot is going on here, actually!

It's still summer and still hot... but it has been raining every afternoon so that it cools off! Open windows at night - ah, bliss!

Wedding plans are rolling along. I go to the seamstress tomorrow for alterations on my dress!! I hopefully won't need much (definitely no big hemming!) so it won't break the bank! It needs to be bustled since we'll be outside. The train would be ruined! I found THE perfect wrap to wear over my bare shoulders (so I don't feel quite so exposed!) It was from David's Bridal and was only $20! Yay! It's the perfect deep red shade that I wanted. Now the search for red shoes. I enlisted the help of my favorite Red Shoe blogger, Deb! I hadn't had any luck finding what I wanted (and yes, I AM going to wear red shoes under my ivory gown!) She gave me all sorts of ideas! I took off running from there, and I found two pairs that I ordered (both were only $10 each on sale!) And there is a third pair that I'm going to order - not for the wedding, but I LOVE them! Thanks Deb!! I appreciate your help!

My shower, which I am looking forward to, is coming up in less than two weeks. Andrea has all sorts of fun stuff planned that she won't let me in on! I wish all of you, my blog friends, could be there! If you are in the Fort Collins area on the 23rd, let me know!! You're invited!

Mike and I are making solid plans to move to Oregon. He doesn't have a new job and prospects aren't good right now. So... instead of waiting for the job, we're going to plan the move anyway. He is saving a lot of money right now, so in a few months, he will have enough put away that he can live without an income for about 6 months. I will have my income since my job is portable! So, we're going to look at moving in the spring of 2009. We have to stay put until after the wedding and also because of the election. We have to have residency so our votes count! Moving in December/January won't be fun, so we'll aim for spring! Now that we have decided, I think this is a really good thing! He can find temporary work for sure, and once we're in the area we want to be, he'll have a much better chance at finding jobs. It's difficult since many of the jobs he has applied for were for local commuting area only. They won't even give him a shot since we're in Colorado and not Oregon.

So... we're going to find the town we like (I think Corvallis) and find a house, and move. Then he will start job-hunting there. I have my job to take along, and hopefully, it will be just the change we need! Corvallis is about 1.5 hours from the coast - so we can go every weekend! (which I know we'll want to do at least at first!) It is also kind of in between Eugene and Salem, so the job possibilities are bigger! It's going to be an adventure for sure, but I'm ready. I'm ready to move out of Colorado and to be closer to the ocean! Any tips for us as we plan our big adventurous move?! I've never done this before. I will be slimming down my posessions over the next few months for sure!

That's the news from here! What's going on with you all?!

7 Opinions:

Deb R said...

You're very welcome! I wish I lived close enough to shoe shop with you in person, but it was fun online too. I can't wait to see pics of your whole outfit! :-)

I love the plan you've made for your move. I think when you show that much faith and trust that things will work, the Universe finds ways to show you opportunities, so I truly think it's a great plan!

Tammy said...

I'll definitely have loads of pictures to share after the wedding. I'm still holding out hope that I can keep my dress a surprise for Mike. My friend Rebecca has offered to carry on the dress so I won't have to! (She is one of 8 people who will be at our wedding!)

I think our plan is a good one. Now that we've actually said it - and are starting to plan, it feels good and less scary. The only snag is keeping Mike going in his horrible work environment long enough to save up the money we need... I hope he can stand it. He is home today because he just couldn't go in! It's awful!! The sooner he can get out, the better!

Janet said...

I think it's great that you're wearing red shoes at your wedding!! And who better to consult than the red shoe queen herself!!

Good luck on the big move. I'm sure it's exciting having all these things to look forward to in the coming months.

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh Tammy, your story is so much like ours. We got married and moved west one week later. I am so happy and excited for you, it was the best time and the scariest time of my life. I really envy you and am happy for you. Go west and see what happens. Embrace the adventure!

Jana B said...

OH OH OH OH OH!!!!!!

I just realized something! One of my blogging budds lives right where you're moving!!! Her blog is http://palmstopines.blogspot.com/

Who knows, maybe you all will wind up bonding and stuff :o) I'll let her know I'm sending you her way.

In other news... The dress fitting will be SO MUCH FUN!!!!!! I went with my friend Jess for hers, and we had a blast.

It cracks me up that you had Deb help you find RED SHOES. How fitting!

I'm so excited for you guys that you've set a moving time frame, and are making all the big plans... YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!!

Suzie Ridler said...

Tammy, is it true that you got snow the other day? I thought you guys were getting record HIGH temperatures? What's up with that?!

photoholly said...

I wish we were moving too! sigh. It sounds wonderful and it's great you're making a solid plan. I have to show my hubby the benefits of moving, he's still unconvinced. Maybe I should have Mike have a talk with him!