12.28.2008

My 2008 Book List

Posted by Tammy

I realize there are still a few days left in 2008, but I thought I would post my book list for the past year now anyway! I have read 60 books this year, and I listened to five on audiobook also. Of the 60, 27 were new books that I had never read before, and 33 were re-reads. The audiobooks were ones I had read, but hadn't listened to! I kept track using www.listigator.com.

First Time Reads (in the order I read them):
1. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
2. New Moon by Stephanie Meyer
3. Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer
4. The Naming by Alison Coggin
5. Songs of the Humpback Whale by Jodi Picoult
6. Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin
7. Something Blue by Emily Giffin
8. Baby Proof by Emily Giffin
9. Midnight Champagne by A. Manette Ansay
10. There's a Slight Chance I Might Be Going to Hell by Laurie Notaro
11. Crazy as Chocolate by Elisabeth Hyde
12. Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos
13. Cooking for Mr. Right by Susan Volland
14. Just Like Heaven by Marc Levy
15. I Did, But I Wouldn't Now by Cara Lockwood
16. The Last Time I Was Me by Cathy Lamb
17. Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer
18. Love and Meatballs by Susan Volland
19. Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
20. The Girl with No Shadow by Joanne Harris
21. Book of the Dead by Patricia Cornwell
22. The Boleyn Inheritance by Phillipa Gregory
23. The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen
24. Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives by Guy Fieri
25. A Lick of Frost by Laurell K. Hamilton
26. Gypsy Masala by Preethi Nair
27. Sage-ing While Age-ing by Shirley McLaine


Re-Reads (also in the order that I read them, but they were mixed in between the 1st reads!):
1. Julia's Chocolates by Cathy Lamb
2. Dance Upon the Air by Nora Roberts
3. Heaven and Earth by Nora Roberts
4. Face the Fire by Nora Roberts
5. Dancing Naked at the Edge of Dawn by Kris Radish
6. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

7. Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon
8. Voyager by Diana Gabaldon
9. The Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon
10. The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
11. A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon
12. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
13. Dance Upon the Air by Nora Roberts (NR) (yep, re-read this one twice in one year!)
14. Born in Fire by NR
15. Born in Ice by NR

16. Born in Shame by NR
17. Blue Dahlia by NR
18. Black Rose by NR
19. Red Lily by NR
20. Key of Light by NR
21. Key of Knowledge by NR
22. Key of Valor by NR
23. Jewel of the Sun by NR
24. Tears of the Moon by NR
25. Heart of the Sea by NR
26. Daring to Dream by NR
27. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
28. Celia's House by DE Stevenson
29. Holding the Dream by NR
30. Finding the Dream by NR
31. The Last Time I Was Me by Cathy Lamb
32. Love and Meatballs by Susan Volland
33. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer (yep, again - after seeing the movie)

Audiobooks: (I will listen to 6 and 7 in the series too, but they take a lot of time to get through on audio, so it will be next year!)

1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

You'll notice - I went on quite a streak of reading Nora Roberts this year... I love her trilogies. I have read my favorites numerous times. For some reason mid-year this year, I didn't want to read anything new - just "comfort" books. Stuff I knew I liked, etc. There was a lot going on in my life, and I think this was one place I could have something familiar without change!

Next year, my goal is to read at least as many books as this year - and to read a few more new than I did this year! I have a list started of new books I want to read. Not necessarily new publish-date wise, but new to me! :)

Any recommendations for me? I'm sure I will have some of the same books on my list next year that I have on my list this year... I am a creature of habit when it comes to reading. I love to re-read my old favorites pretty regularly!

Do you do this too? Or once you've read a book is that it? Do you move on to something new? Also - do you always buy your books, or do you use the library? I used to always use the library as a kid. Then I worked at Barnes and Noble for a number of years. I own MANY books. I love having them in my possession (in case I want to read them again!) But this year, I did use the library a bit more than I have in the past... I am bad about getting books back on time. Not because I haven't finished, I almost always have... I just forget to get it back by the due date!


Happy Reading in 2009! I have a stack of new cookbooks calling my name at the moment! :)

2 Opinions:

Janet said...

That's a lot of reading!! Especially since you also planned a wedding this past year! I think I read about 45- 50 books this year. I slowed down over the past couple of months since my son has been here but I'm looking forward to beginning some serious reading next month.

Patty said...

It looks like you have a great list here. I have read the Nora Robers three sisters books at lest three times. It is my all time favorite of her.
I am also going to check out some of the other titles you have here.
Thanks