1.30.2009

Health

Posted by Tammy

You may have noticed - I haven't been posting nearly as much lately as I used to.

Part of the reason for this is that I haven't been feeling well for several months now. I have been dealing with migraines for many years now. I've had many doctors tell me "there's nothing wrong with you"... But then why does my head feel like it's going to explode?! On a bad week, I have 4-5 migraines. On a good week, maybe 2.

Since about October, I have been taking a daily medicine to try and prevent the migraines from ever starting. The medicine is an anti-convulsant that is now being used for migraines. It is EXPENSIVE (even with insurance) and I am realizing - the side effects are worse than any benefit I'm getting from it! I've given it a good long try, but yesterday, I went to see my doctor and I am stopping it!

I feel like I have the flu about 90% of the time on it. I am achy, and exhausted all the time. I have had a couple of "episodes" where I couldn't form complete thoughts and sentences because I was so completely exhausted. It was a bit scary. It felt like I had mono again truthfully. Many mornings, I wake up more tired than when I went to bed. It is hard to function when you feel like that all the time.

So - my energy level has dictated my blog posting. I haven't wanted to really post about how I feel all the time, but I guess I wanted to share now! :) I am tapering off of the old medicine over the next few days, and I'm starting a new medicine that apparently is being used to try and prevent migraines now... It's an anti-depressant. (Migraines ARE depressing!) So, I'm hopeful that I'll start feeling better over the next couple weeks! (Mike is too!) Maybe I'll have more things to share if I start having actual energy to do anything outside of the house!!

3 Opinions:

Anonymous said...

What a difficult struggle! I hope your new medicine helps.

Melanie Margaret said...

Hope you are feeling better. Sending healing vibes your way...

Unknown said...

Health is wealth....get well soon...
Thanks for sharing with us...

--
Venus
Professional Monitering security systems for Homes, Offices & Appartments